HyperX Announces Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset
HyperX Announces New Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset
- HyperX Cloud Revolver Available for Pre-order April 1; Ships May 9
- Studio Grade Sound Stage Provides More Precise Gameplay
- Official Headset Sponsor for DreamHack Malmö Sweden
Sunbury-on-Thames – March 30, 2016 – HyperX™, a division of Kingston® Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced HyperX Cloud Revolver™, the newest addition to the Cloud headset range. It will ship May 9 and is available for pre-order on April 1 exclusively from Scan for two weeks and Amazon will be taking orders after that. HyperX Cloud Revolver proudly carries the Cloud name and reputation for great sound, comfort and durability.
It features a studio grade sound stage with 50mm directional drivers to deliver wider depth and width for improved audio precision in first-person shooter and open environment games. The tuning of the driver, mechanical design of the front acoustical chamber, larger ear cups and exhaust vents allow users to hear an opponent more clearly from further away and gain the ultimate competitive advantage. Music lovers will appreciate the concert hall-like experience when listening to their favourite tunes.
HyperX Cloud Revolver uses signature red memory foam and premium leatherette on the ear cups and head band to provide award-winning comfort and quality for long hours of gameplay like its Cloud and Cloud II predecessors. The steel frame suspension design provides long-lasting durability, stability and quality. HyperX Cloud Revolver’s detachable noise-cancelling microphone offers crisp, clean and clear voice quality and reduced background noise. It is multi-platform compatible (PC, console and mobile device) and is certified by TeamSpeak™ and Discord; and, is compatible with Skype™, Ventrilo, Mumble and RaidCall. A 2mm audio control box extension is also included with stereo and mic plugs.
Fans who attend the DreamHack Masters 2016 in Malmö, Sweden, on April 16-17 will be among the first to have the opportunity to try and purchase the HyperX Cloud Revolver. HyperX is the official headset sponsor of the championship.
“HyperX Cloud Revolver’s wide audio sound profile will be a game changer in the FPS genre. Gamers who wear this headset will have an advantage as they’ll be able to hear their opponents’ location from further away,” said Vincent Jurgens, EMEA Marketing Manager, HyperX, “Since the beginning, this headset was designed to deliver the most detailed and widest sound stage in the market to give gamers the maximum competitive edge.”
HyperX Cloud Revolver is backed by a two-year warranty and legendary HyperX reliability.
HyperX is the high-performance product division of Kingston Technology encompassing high-speed DDR4 and DDR3 memory, SSDs, USB Flash drives, headsets and mouse pads. Targeted at gamers, overclockers and enthusiasts, HyperX is known throughout the world for quality, performance and innovation. HyperX is committed to eSports as it sponsors over 25 teams globally and is the main sponsor of Intel Extreme Masters. HyperX can be found at many shows including Brasil Game Show, China Joy, DreamHack, gamescom and PAX.
For more information visit the HyperX home page.
HyperX Cloud Revolver Features and Specifications:
- Studio-grade sound stage: HyperX Cloud Revolver has a wider audio range that creates depth and width for optimal audio precision and a competitive edge. You’ll hear your opponents’ location more accurately from further away. Its larger sound stage is ideal for FPS and open environment gameplay and for a concert hall-like experience when listening to music.
- Next-generation directional 50mm drivers: Refined 50mm directional drivers are positioned parallel to the ears for a clean, crisp sound with enhanced bass. The drivers direct the sound into the ear for precise audio positioning.
- Signature HyperX award-winning memory foam: Red memory foam is visible from back of the ear cups to differentiate HyperX from its competitors. The higher quality, dense foam signifies HyperX award winning comfort and quality while providing ultimate comfort during prolonged gaming sessions.
- 2M audio control box extension with stereo and mic plugs: HyperX Cloud Revolver comes with a 2 meter audio control box extension with stereo and mic plugs for PC. It’s ideal for use with the on-board sound card.
- Durable steel frame: Designed in Germany, HyperX Cloud Revolver has a solid-steel frame for long-lasting durability and stability.
- Detachable noise-cancellation microphone: The removable microphone boom makes it easy to plug in for gaming or unplug to listen to music. It features a flexible design and custom mic positioning.
- Multi-platform compatibility: HyperX Cloud Revolver is compatible with PC, Xbox One™1, PS4™, Wii U™, Mac® and Mobile2 so you can use one headset for PC and console gaming.
- TeamSpeak certified: TeamSpeak™ certifies the voice quality to be clear and crisp with excellent sound quality. No audible echoes, background noises or voice distortions were detected in tests. Other compatible chat clients include Discord, Skype™, Ventrilo, Mumble and RaidCall.
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response:12Hz–28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ω
- Sound Pressure Level: 104.5dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input Power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 360g
- Weight w/ mic and cable: 376g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1m) + Audio Control Box (2m)
- Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + Audio Control Box – 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz–18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -40dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
1 Adapter required for Xbox One™ controllers with no 3.5mm port. (Adapter sold separately).
2 Compatible with devices with CTIA standard connectors.
HyperX can be found on:
HyperX® is a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent memory manufacturer. Established in 2002, HyperX is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call 800-337-8410 or visit http://www.hyperxgaming.com/.